I'm trying to get back into the groove of blogging and having writer's block. The answer: random tidbits.
1) Why is it so hot?????
2) I love this picture of Penny when she was Emma's age (2). I think it's crazy how babies/toddlers/kids change so much but also still look the same in so many ways. And look at baby Gabriella!!!!
3) Look at what Jeff did for me!
(Totally kidding. Jeff would never deface public property to declare his love. I found this on the floor at the pool changing area. I thought it was funny and cute.)
4) Emma is a parrot. She spends all day mimicking whatever anyone is saying. Every morning she says "I need SOCKS!" because Penny and Jonas put on their socks for school. She makes us laugh. :)
5) Yesterday (Labor Day), we had to cancel all of our plans because Emma was sicky and we DID NOTHING. And it was just what we needed. Jeff spent all day watching Lawrence of Arabia (why is that movie so long??????) and the kids played at home and bugged each other and I took a nap. This picture has nothing to do with that. Jeff bought Penny clip-on earrings for her birthday and wanted to try them on...
6) We are moving in three months! I can't believe it! I am excited to do some major purging/downsizing of all our stuff. We are moving from our three-bedroom rental house into a two-bedroom condo. I don't know why, but God likes it when we do things in the wrong order.
7) Jonas is really big. Too big.
8) Though I love summer (stone fruit, tomatoes galore, long days), I can't wait for fall and winter (butternut squash and pumpkin everything, BOOTS!, sweaters, early bedtimes).
9) I really want to make this a list of ten things... Here's a quick "recipe": For breakfast, if we have an extra 7-minutes, we always eat 7-minute eggs. Boil water in a pot. When it's boiling, add eggs with a spoon (carefully so they don't crack). Set timer for 7 minutes. When timer goes off, drain boiling water from pot and rinse eggs in cold water until their cool enough to peel. Perfect soft-boiled eggs!
10) Looking at the picture above I think I need to start wearing eye cream!