I canNOT believe that it's already August. How did this happen???
We're driving down to Ventura tomorrow because Jeff's brother, Nick, is marrying lovely and sweet Katie.
When I first met Nick, he was a 17-year-old baseball jock. My first thought was, "wow. he's the biggest person I've ever stood next to." The more that I've gotten to know him through the years as first his older's brother's girlfriend, then fiance, and now wife and his sister-in-law, the more I've come to appreciate and love all that is unique and wonderful about him. Here are just a couple of things, in bullet-point list form, that we love about Nick:
- he lets our kids call him Uncle NiNi.
- he calls Jeff and they talk for HOURS on the phone about everything and nothing.
- he goes out of his way to be nice, even taking me out when he was in high school, on a get-to-know-you date.
- he has the gentlest, softest demeanor a 6-foot-5 person could ever have.
- he is as goofy as can be, and he and Jeff can laugh about stupid things for hours and hours.
- he loves Jesus.
- he always asks how I'm doing.
- he's humble.
- he is Jeff's best friend. :) (Other than me of course.)
Nick, we love you and are excited for you and Katie!!! See you soon...