(This picture doesn't really have much to do with my summer goals but oh, how I love this scrunchy, smiley face! And, I know there are people who mostly just read our blog to see pictures of our kiddos.)
May FLEW by.
My goals for May didn't go as planned, but that's ok. I'm constantly learning that my to-do list is not always God's to-do list which is a very good lesson to learn. I finished the book (it was ok, I didn't enjoy it as much as I had expected because it made me not want to eat eggs or pork), I made a wonky-looking quilt from scraps and a towel because I didn't want to go out and buy fabric and batting--not a good idea (pictures coming as soon as I can find my camera), I wore my hair down twice (sorry Jeff), and the backyard is... the same. Oh well.
So onto the summer! Yay. So far, summer (post-Memorial Day) has been rain, gloom, sunshine, winds, you know, just your typical SF summer day. :)
Here they are:
- Make ice cream (sans an ice cream maker!)
- Learn how to pick a delicious watermelon
- Host Sunday Suppers
- Make my own household cleaning products (cheaper AND safer!)
- Plant herbs (and don't kill them)
- Mail 3 surprise packages for far-away friends
- No jeans for a week (again)
- Potty train Jonas (for real this time, seriously...)
- Sew a dress! And wear it outside of the house!
- Learn how to grill stuff (steaks, vegetables, desserts?)
...this guy is turning THREE. On Saturday.
I can't believe it.
Wasn't it just yesterday, that he was a little big-cheeked baby in a blue bonnet?!
How did this happen?!