I really did not do a good job of sticking to our menu plan last week. On Tuesday, we got invited to dinner and on Thursday I used the sausage I was going to use for bangers & mash to make pasta instead. We got to go out for sushi on Saturday (thanks Mimi and Papa!!!) and Sunday night we had a lovely dinner with some lovely folks.
This is the last week of the month which means that I need to be very conscious of our budget for groceries. I have $85 left in our grocery budget for the month (which is actually pretty good-- in the past I've had to make do with less than $40 for the last week!) Thankfully, we have leftovers from Easter dinner that I'll repurpose...
- Monday: Turkey Cranberry or "Christmas" sandwiches (leftover turkey from Easter dinner!)
- Tuesday: Split Pea soup (leftover ham and ham bone from Easter dinner again!)
- Wednesday: Homegroup dinner at the Choi's
- Thursday: Black Bean Enchiladas (Vegan because we're having dinner with our favorite vegan gal, Tawney)
- Friday: Steamed Fish and Vegetables with Rice
- Saturday: Dinner out! No cooking for me! :)
- Sunday: Leftovers