So week 1 went pretty much as planned, except that we ended up NOT having turkey meatballs on Thursday because I set aside some baked potatoes from Wednesday and we had those with green beans instead. Oh, and also I didn't have time to pick up mushrooms for steak sandwiches yesterday so I made caramelized onions and APPLES to go on top of the steak on the sandwiches and it was AWESOME (Jeff liked them so much he took a picture, above). I'll have to post that recipe sometime because they really were very good.
This week's plan is:
- Monday: Chicken Tostada Salads
- Tuesday: African Sweet Potato Stew with Red Beans (We're having dinner with Tawney and Cameron and I'm making a vegan-friendly meal for them.)
- Wednesday: In-N-Out with our homegroup! YAY~!
- Thursday: Asian Turkey Meatballs with Broccoli and Rice (carried over from last week)
- Friday: Chili and Cornbread (We're taking food over for the Yokes and Ryan requested chili dogs!)
- Saturday: Leftovers or eat out
- Sunday: We rescheduled dinner with the Chungs for next week.
Someone asked me this week if I cook other meals ( like breakfast and lunch) throughout the week as well. We generally eat the same things for breakfast each day (cinnamon toast, bagels, waffles, or granola). For lunch, I'll usually prepare leftovers from the night before, or we always have bean burrito/quesadilla stuff on hand. Sometimes I'll cook something up for lunch, but usually it involves re-cooking/re-inventing our leftovers (ie: stir-frys, fried rice, fritattas).