Wow. This week really flew by! Crazy how that happens. Here's what we've been up to:
- Turns out that I have "radial styloid tenosynovitis" which the doctor told me is the fancy way of saying that I have tendonitis in my right wrist. He said that it's probably due to carrying/picking up my big baby ("But he's so cute!!!" was my response) and from my new and more regular hobby of sewing/embroidering/crafting. [With fist raised], Darn my insatiable desire to be productive!!!! I have to wear a brace that immobilizes my thumb and wrist for, like, the next 10 years (not really, but 6 to 8 weeks really feels that long, and I'm already not wearing it all the time, like now, while I type this blog post.)
- Jeff bought me flowers this week. And, even though I always thought I wasn't a flower person, turns out, I am! :) Fresh flowers warm my heart.
- We are going to NY/DC at the end of the year! Woohoo!!!
- Jonas is growing up too fast. He's been trying to sit up by himself-- when we put him down, he always leans forward and rests on his hands (see photo of him in green pajamas). And he only falls forward about 50% of the time. :)
- He also is eating lots of vegetables. He loves the yellow/orange family of vegetables, and the only green vegetable he doesn't seem to like yet are sweet peas. Next week we'll start fruits, but I'm pretty sure he'll like those too.
- Jeff is ridiculously smart and talented. And I mean that in the most don't-get-too-proud-honey way possible. The stuff he's been writing and thinking about for school is really good, even though I don't always get it. (But that's ok, because that's why Jeff's in seminary and I'm not.)
- I love craigslist.
- And salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks.
- And Jonas's squishy face smile (picture coming soon.)
- And Thanksgiving. I'm probably going to break out my maternity jeans for the two family meals we'll be partaking in on Thanksgiving. Heck yeah-- I love elastic around my waist when my tummy's full of turkey!
And for the various Grandmas and Grandpas who miss seeing our boy, here are some pictures for you to enjoy. He's still all cheeks, has more hair now, no teeth yet, and is a melt-your-heart-into-a-heart-shaped-puddle smiler. :)